Monday, April 28, 2014

Fantasia

Our lone werewolf sat by themselves in their study. It was a room with 20 foot ceilings and bookshelves lining the walls. The only other furniture was their oak desk and a big leather chair overlooking a window. The werewolf was overlooking Athens, plotting their next attack.

So the Innocent was killed, thought the werewolf. Interesting. Everyone is staying home because they "feel bad" or something. Well, that's fine with me. Nothing to get in my way.

They left. They knew exactly who to go for now that there was nothing to get in the way.

Within minutes, they were outside of Johnanthan's door. They crept inside and saw him sitting at the kitchen table drinking hot chocolate. Apparently, he wasn't taking Matt's departure so well. Or maybe because he's about to leave on a mission so he's not taking his own departure very well. He was talking on the phone with somebody.

"Yeah, I know it's weird, but a lot of religions think it's fine for a Priest like me to—"

Johnathan didn't even know what hit him. The werewolf had made their move. He could hear the person on the other line. For fun, the werewolf picked up the phone.

"Hi", they said in their characteristic raspy voice.

"Johnathan? What was that?"

It was Meighan.

"Oh," said the werewolf, clearing their throat and pretending to be Johnathan. "Yeah. Uh. Sorry. I just got some stuff in my throat."

"Oh, well anyway. I'm not sure what to do about my hat. Magician's have a very special kind and those stars on the blue velvet are hard to find. Plus, since I'm Diseased and stuff, I can only look online…"

The werewolf listened for a little bit. What else would this person say?

"…and ever since you saved me, well… you've always been my Knight in shining armor…"

The werewolf was about to gag. They couldn't take it.

"Hey, listen up." The raspiness returned to their voice. "Johnathan is dead. I've just attacked him. He didn't stand up to a werewolf, really."

The other end was silent for a while.

"Hello?"

It wasn't until the next morning when Meighan was discovered in her living room, dead. Apparently she had died of a broken heart, not having been able to live without Johnathan at her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment